Wonthaggi is just an easy 1.5 hour drive
South/East from Melbourne.
As you reach the Coast, the landscape transforms into ruggedly spectacular seaside vista’s that can change to a wild, awe-inspiring spectacle. There are few coastlines in Australia that have the heritage, natural interest and scenic beauty of the Bass Coast.
Some travellers believe our Coast line to be more breathtaking than the Great Ocean Road. Wonthaggi is the undisputed Retail and Commercial HUB of this dynamic REGION.
Wonthaggi sits proudly between Phillip Island and Wilsons Promontory – on the Bass Coast at the foot of the Strezlecki Ranges, offering a beautiful and diverse playground for our visitors.
Things to See and Do:
- Walking Tracks
- Bike Trails/paths
- Numerous local fishing spots (Heaps)
- Day trips from Wonthaggi motel: Grantville/Williams Beach/Corinella/Buneron Marine & Coastal Park/Kilcunda/Inverloch/Cape Paterson/Wilsons Promontory
- Phillip Island
- Motor Cycle, Motor Car Racing
- Koala Conservation Centre
- Penguin Parade
- Fur Seals
- National Vietnam Veterans Museum
- Country Markets
- Country Horse Racing: Woolamai – Stony Creek
- Art Galleries
- Maru Koala & Animal Park
- French Island
- South Gippsland Tourist Railway
- Wonthaggi and or Leongatha Golf Courses
- San Remo
- South Gippsland Wine Trail
- The Gurdies